Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Artistic H.Q.

Welcome to Marlene's Artistic Headquarters!

This is basically the creative hub of my artistic endeavors. The space often expands or shrinks to fit whatever projects I am working on at the time. This picture shows most of the work being done for the 2008 CLC Christmas program. I have most everything I need here; my computer for the endless hours of research, my desk to hold all the research papers and historical and stagecraft books, the drawing table set up to create and hold sketches and architectural plans, and the inspiration boards from which I pull many ideas from.


You can see all the various visual aids I use when coming up with set and costume ideas. If you look closely you can see the original drawing I had for the Magi Tower, as well as costume ideas for the fighting Romans and angel costumes.


The photo below shows the different types of Persian religious towers I used as references for the Magi tower. You can also see that the sketchbook on the table holds ideas for royal and Magian headwear. While I ran out of time to create them for the 2008 play, I do have aspirations to create them in 2009 for my new stagecraft business, which then will be available for rent or purchase.

I tried to keep track of how many hours I spent each week on research and sketching, but lost count after 52 hours. However, I can say that research, sketches and plans were created over a 12 week period.

No comments: