Thursday, January 28, 2010

Organizing IS an art form!

Ok, so some people may argue that organizing your life and your possessions is not a form of art. I disagree. You have to use a lot of creativity to organize things properly. When I started this quest of all things creative and artistic and found myself in another definition of creativity.

In order to plan for new projects I must first know what supplies I will need. In order to that, I first have to see what supplies I have, so I set about gathering my arts and crafts stashes. You know, a simple day job.Turns out I'm now going into Day 9 in organzing everything. Yes, you read it right. 9 days!

I had no idea how many different things I had. This ranges from all my art books to fabric and down to several types of erasers. I have a lot of stuff! Seeing it all together was mind-blowing so I made myself a promise to try and keep everything together, you know, like-with-like. AND in plastic tubs I already possess. NO EXTRAS!
(Fabrics and trims...this pile was large, then raided by a friend and has grown again after another bout of purging)

So I am posting a picture of all the tubs that I have sitting in the living room. Some filled to the brim, others have some space left and others....bursting out of the box. But, it is all together now and a lot easier to find. Next up...SHOPPING!!


No comments: